My Current Wash Day Regime - Dec 2012
Friday is Wash Day
I still wash my hair once a week, but I have changed a few things. In total, this process takes about 6 hours so try to do it as soon as I get in from work so I'm not up too late. If push comes to shove, I will skip the roller setting and just air-dry over night, this cuts out about 2-3 hours off of the process.
- De-tangle hair and split into four sections and twist each.
- Boil kettle and brew 3-4 teabags in a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Jump into the shower and wet each section being gentle and trying not to tangle up my hair
- Slather on HE conditioner to the length of my hair section by section and comb it through.
- Rinse out each section an then add deep conditioner of choice.
- Add oil and comb through for extra moisture (optional step, I don't always do this).
- Put on a plastic cap, heat up my thermal wrap and place it on my head for 30 mins, re-heat and then place on my head for a further 30 mins.
- After the hour of DCing, rinse out in the shower in 4 sections, and gently comb through.
- Rinse with black tea and let it sit under a plastic cap for about 10 mins, and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Jump out of the shower and t-shirt dry for about 30 mins.
- Add leave in conditioners and heat protectant.
- Roller set hair.
- Sit under dryer for 1hr30 mins.
- Remove rollers, and add Shea butter mix to hair in sections.
- Style as desired.
My Previous Wash day Regime
Saturday is Wash Day
I wash my hair once a week in order to clean my scalp and to gently remove all the products that I have used throughout the week. When I feel the build-up is too much, I will clarify my hair with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo (I hate the smell of this, but haven't got around to finding a replacement). I have also learned from other YouTuber's bloggers and websites that deep conditioning is a key step in achieving healthy hair. Here's my method.
- De-tangle hair and DC on dry hair with a mix of Queen Helene Cholesterol and EVOO or ORS Hair Mayonnaise and EVOO using the relaxer method.
- Put on a plastic cap/heated conditioning cap and let it sit for approximately 1 hour
- Rinse out DC, shampoo scalp with suphate free shampoo (Organix)/moisturising shampoo (KeraCare or CON)
- Condition with HE
- Black Tea Rinse - let that sit on my hair for about 20 mins with a plastic cap and then rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze out excess water then t-shirt dry for about 15 minutes
- Add leave in conditioners (ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea reconstructurizer), de-tangle hair
- Air dry using the scarf method
- Once dry (90%), add moisturiser (ORS Incredibly Rich oil moisturizer) and seal hair (EVOO), in sections.
- Style as desired