Sunday 12 August 2012

Shea Butter Mix

My parents visited Ghana a couple of years ago and brought back a big block of the yellow Shea butter for my sister and I to share.  This has been sitting in my room in a paper bag since then.  The other day, I remembered I had it and  remembered that I could mix it up and use it in my hair.  So I went out and bought a hand mixer from Argos for about £5 and decided to make this stuff up.  I remembered that Naptural85 had a video on her mix, so I used the method that she demonstrates in her video.  I didn't have all the oils that she mentioned, but I just made use of what I had.  Anyhow, I used Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Argan Oil, Avocado Oil and Peppermint Oil (for fragrance).

All the additional ingredients I used in the Shea Butter Mix


I had to vary the measures of the ingredients somewhat, as the consistency was a little stiff the first time round. So, I mixed away until it was the consistency I liked and put it into old jars. I gave some to my mum (who likes to think that she is on a hair journey - bless her!) and some to my little sister (who is natural and on a hair journey).

My hair is in braids right now, so I will not be using it until about the beginning of next month. In the meantime, I'm going to make the 'everyday' version that Naptural85 makes in the video.

Blessings
Naddy x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...